Manufactured: United Kingdom
Capacity: 2000 kg
Our UK manufactured self adjusting "Crane Fork" is designed as a pallet lifting attachmment which enables our customers to easily convert their existing overhead crane and hoists into an effective and safe pallet lifting device.
Ideal for lifting pallets over longer lifting heights that fork trucks are unable to reach or if fork trucks can't position themselves within the required lifting area location.
Available with either 1000 mm or 1200 mm long tines.
- Spring-loaded, self-balancing head design
- Adjustable Height – Clear Height 1200-1900mm
- Adjustable Fork Width settings - 300 to 1000 mm
- Convenient Hand Holds located on the Crane Fork
- Painted bright orange for additional safety
- Restraint Net (Please note the net is NOT a certified lifting device as is only to assist in prevention of partial collapsed loads)
- Operate overhead crane / HIAB into position directly over the crane forks.
- Place the crane/HIAB hook onto the lifting eye of the attachment.
- Slacken the thumbscrews to position the forks at the widest possible distance apart to suit the pallet.
- Retighten thumb screws onto rail ensuring that they are adequately tightened and secure.
- With the pallet forks slightly raised, manually re-position the Pallet Forks to enter the pallet with the handles provided on the rear of the frame.
- Operate overhead crane / HIAB to enter the forks fully into the pallet.
- Once fully inserted into the load, place the safety strap around the load & secure.
- Lift the pallet clear of the ground and slide restraint net underneath. Attach to the six net hoops on the frame. Always use a restraint net when lifting overhead.
- When positioned correctly & secured, the load is ready for movement.
- The Pallet Forks should be inspected weekly for general condition with attention paid to:
- A – All weld points,
- B – Wear & distortion of thumb screws,
- C – Any damaged components,
- D – Lock & latches,
- E – Pivot points
- All bolts must be checked for tightness.
- The pivot bars must be kept greased.
- The spring should be oiled.
- Check the restraint net for damage and replace if worn.
- Damage or failure must be reported and rectified immediately prior to re-use of Pallet Forks.
- General surface rusting especially in the critical areas should be treated with proprietary inhibitors, primers and paint on a regular basis.
- This product is certified for six (6) months from the date of manufacture after which it is the customer’s responsibility to have the product re-tested at an approved testing facility or inspected and logged in a register by a competent person as advised by the HSE.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The manager of the department or section where the attachment is to be used must be responsible for ensuring the operators are fully conversant with the attachment, its operation & maintenance.
- Ensure both the crane and attachment can handle the intended load and its contents.
- Operators must keep clear of the mechanism whilst in operation.
- Do not shock load the attachment under any circumstance.
- In the event of failure during operation do not attempt rectification or re-operation while the attachment is off the ground. The attachment must be returned safely to floor level for inspection.
- Never drive at the product at an excessive speed as this may result in injury to the driver and/or damage to the attachment and Fork Lift Truck.
- Keep hands away from all moving parts.
How much does delivery cost?
There are three parcel sizes: small, medium and large. Prices, based on location, for each parcel size are as shown below.
Small: 0 to 20 kg
Medium: 20 kg to 40 kg
Large: 40 kg +
There is only one parcel charge per order.
Your delivery charge is calculated during checkout.
Collect From Hoist & Winch Limited - Redditch
Export orders outside of UK mainland your carriage cost will be quoted separately after order placement. For very large order sizes, we reserve the right to re-quote the delivery charge before acceptance and shipment of your order.
When will I receive my order?
We will make contact with you to arrange a delivery time upon receipt of your order either by telephone or email; we will endeavour to deliver at the agreed time however, we cannot guarantee delivery dates and times as these may be affected by circumstances outside our control.
We will do our best to contact you if we are forewarned of delays.
Stock items should normally be delivered within 5 working days from date of order placement, but it may often be sooner. For non-UK-Mainland orders, delivery time may be longer. For items currently out of stock delivery will usually be within 28 days.
Will all of my goods be sent at the same time?
We will pick all your items together and ship your order at the same time. However, depending upon the size of the order we may ship the order in more than one package. Consequently you may not receive all of the goods/packages at the same time. If you order an item which is marked 'pre-order' we will not usually dispatch your order until your whole order is ready. Please let us know if you'd like part of your order dispatching sooner, and we will of course be happy to help.
When do you normally attempt deliveries?
Small and medium parcels are usually sent by Courier. Large parcels are sent by a Pallet network courier, who deliver Monday to Friday, typically between 8:00am and 5:30pm.
Gaining Access to Delivery Address
If we are unable to gain access to the agreed delivery address we will return the goods to our warehouse and make contact with you to re-arrange delivery. Unfortunately in these circumstances we may have to charge you a further delivery fee
How do I track my delivery's progress?
Please contact our sales team on [email protected]
Where will my order will be delivered?
Delivery will be made to the address of the registered debit/card holder used to place the order. Alternatively, an alternative delivery address can be agreed post order, please contact via email: [email protected]
Suitable means of unloading heavy loads must be provided by the customer upon