Tiger - Professional Ratchet Lever Hoist - PROLH Model
Capacity: 800 kg - 20,000 kg
The Tiger Lifting PROLH Model Ratchet lever hoist features lightweight, compact and rugged construction with the handle, gear case and brake cover made entirely of pressed steel, producing strong resistance to impact damage. The advantages over the predecessor range have been maintained and further optimized.
The stong impact resistant gearbox housing is fitted as standard with close tolerance fit bearings that fully support the pinion drive shaft and plantery gears to maintain smooth operation whilst under load. All major components are heat treated and precisly machined to ensure long term smooth operation.
The PROLH range of lever hoists are finished in the manufacturers high quality powder coat paint finish offering excellent corrosion protection.
These units meet and exceed all the requirements within BS EN 13157: 2004+A1:2009, ANSI/ASME B30.21-2005, AS1418.2 and SANS 1636.
The Tiger Lifting PROLH model comes equipped with Tiger's own unique dual brake mechanism that automatically engages when the lever hoist feels the slightest resistance on the load hook. This key feature means that the PROLH will raise, hold, and lower the lightest of loads without slipping, and protects against accidental light load failures caused by putting the hoist into neutral whilst under load.
A good, versatile, all round ratchet lever hoist for demanding conditions.
Features at a Glance
- Now available with slipping clutch overload protection
- New twin pawl ratchet brake design allows for very fine adjustments on the lifting handle
- Each hoist is individually proof tested at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Individual spares readily available
- Finished in high quality powder coat paint offering excellent corrosion protection
- Meets or exceeds all international standards
- Range 800kg - 10.0t
- Light load tested and certified at 2% of the rated capacity
- Using only the highest quality alloy calibrated load chains according to EN 818-7 and ISO 16872
- Operating temperature of -50°C to +50°C
- Can be chained up to meet your exact requirements
- Equipped with our unique dual brake mechanism
- Adaptable to use both inverted and horizontally
- Lightweight and portable
- All major parts are heat treated and precisely machined
- Also available with stainless steel load chain or spark resistant hooks
• All models can be equipped with an overload prevention device in the form of a slipping clutch which is factory preset to approx. 25% ± 15% overload.
Each unit comes fully certified with a test certificate or an EC Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with the essential health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. This document clearly states the proof test at 1.5 times the rated capacity and the light load test of 2% of the rated capacity, which exceeds the requirements of the current applicable standard.
The PROLH comes equipped with our own unique dual brake mechanism that automatically engages when the lever hoist feels the slightest resistance on the bottom hook. This key feature means that the PROLH will raise, hold, and lower the lightest of loads without slipping. The two stage process protects against accidental light load failures caused by putting the hoist into neutral whilst under load. This latest development in brake efficiency guarantees permanent engagement of at least one of the twin reciprocating cam pawls fitted to the PROLH, ensuring the pawl only just clears the ratchet wheel, with the minimum of clearance as required under BS 4898:1973. The bonded friction discs are free of asbestos and achieve highly efficient braking.
Tiger only use the highest quality alloy, calibrated load chains in Grade 80 (T) or 100 (V) conforming to EN818-7 and ISO 16872. The PROLH comes as 1.5mtr HOL as standard but can be chained up to whatever length is required. Stainless steel load chain available on request for certain capacities.
All major components are heat treated and precisely machined to ensure long term smooth operation. High gear ratios keep physical effort to a minimum.
Chain end stops:
User friendly heavy duty end stops make it easy for the operator to position the chain while "freewheeling”, but most importantly this "end stop" will hold a load of at least 2.5 times the rated capacity when supporting the full load without restraint from other components e.g. brake or gearing.
The new chain stripper is specifically designed to guide the load chain safely onto or off the load sheave without snagging or jamming. The fluted chain stripper allows the safe use of the PROLH when used in any orientation
Drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks are furnished with heavy duty latch kits that fully engage into the nose of the hook offering maximum load security.The swivel hooks are attached to the yoke using high grade nuts & socket head bolts allowing for complete inspection during any statutory inspection or written scheme maintenance. Also available with spark resistant hooks.
Recessed forgings offer full protection to the load chain anchor bolts on all our bottom hooks.
The PROLH lever hoist has undergone a full test program that includes:
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working load limit (WLL)
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 4 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears
Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity
High performance premium quality grease allows the PROLH hoists to be certified for use within a temperature range of -40°C to +50°C far exceeding the requirements of current standards.
The PROLH is finished in our high quality powder coat paint offering excellent corrosion protection.